Recipe: Overnight Oats without sugarApril 25, 2022
Overnight Oats are a quick and healthy breakfast option. Especially if you don’t have much time in the morning or want to take your breakfast with you, overnight oats are the perfect choice. We show you the best way to prepare Overnight Oats and tell you the most delicious Overnight Oat toppings.
3 tips for the preparation of Overnight Oats
Here are three tips for making the perfect Overnight Oats that will guarantee you a healthy breakfast.
1. Use different liquids
You usually only use normal milk for your Overnight Oats? Then you should try various plant-based drinks such as coconut drink, almond drink, rice drink or hazelnut drink. These give your Overnight Oats a special taste and add variety to your breakfast.
Yoghurt is also suitable for making Overnight Oats. You can use natural yoghurt, almond yoghurt or coconut yoghurt. Of course, you can also mix yoghurt with vegetable drink or water to make your oats creamier.
2. The right spices for your cold porridge
What would overnight oats be without the right spices? Here, too, you can refine and vary your oats with different spices. Try adding vanilla powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon or exotic turmeric. This way you can always create different flavours with different spices.
3. Fruits – in different consistencies
Fruit is, of course, an essential ingredient in Overnight Oats. But to avoid boredom, you can not only use different fruits, but also use them in different ways. For example, you can puree the fruit and create a tasty fruit bar.
You can also use frozen fruit and add it to your Overnight Oats. This way, the fruit simply thaws overnight and is ready to eat in the morning.
These are the best Overnight Oat Toppings
Want to add a little something extra to your cold porridge? Then try these Overnight Oat Toppings. Not only do these toppings make your breakfast look great, but they also add important vitamins and nutrients.
- Nut puree such as almond or cashew puree
- Cocoa nibs
- Dried fruits
- coconut flakes
Are you really in the mood to try Overnight Oats? Here is the recipe for a quick breakfast without added sugar:
Cocoa Banana Overnight Oats without sugar
- 80 g Cocoa Banana Sport Porridge
- 140 ml milk or plant drink
- 1 tsp agave syrup or similar to sweeten (optional)
- Toppings of your choice: bananas, berries, nuts, nut puree, cocoa nibs, dried fruits
- Pour water, milk or a plant-based alternative into a glass with the Verival Sport Porridge and stir well.
- Put your mixture in the fridge overnight or for at least 2 hours. This will soak the mixture properly and give it its delicious consistency.
- The next day, take your Overnight Oats out of the fridge and give them another good stir.
- If desired, you can refine your Overnight Oats with toppings of your choice.
- #gesundes Frühstück
- #Overnight Oats