Baked Oats – the new trend for breakfastMay 16, 2022
- Gesund leben
- Healthy lifestyle
You’ve heard a lot about oat flakes in recent years. Oats have been trendy for quite some time and rightly so! Healthy, high in fibre and simply delicious. If you start with oatmeal at breakfast, you start the day with power and energy and, above all, healthy. The latest trend is baked oats. This is a healthy breakfast that is very easy to prepare. Find out what baked oats are and how to prepare them properly in today’s blog post.
- What are Baked Oats?
- Baked Oatmeal Basic Recipe
- Baked Oats Basic Recipe
- 5 tips for your perfect Baked Oats
- Hazelnut-Chocolate Baked Oats
- Baked Oats with Berries
What are Baked Oats?
The new food trend is being celebrated on social media. Baked oats are oat flakes that are prepared in the oven – so far so good. At first glance, this probably seems a bit unusual, because normally you only know oat flakes from the pot or as overnight oats from the fridge. But don’t worry, baked oats for breakfast are also very delicious and are perfect for a good start to the day.
Why oat flakes are so healthy and why they are also called local superfood, we have already explained in detail in many blog posts. Nevertheless: a quick rundown can’t hurt!
Oats contain lots of vitamins, minerals, fibre, healthy fats and protein – which is why you should eat oat flakes every day. How about our delicious strawberry chia porridge, for example? Oat flakes are also a great weight loss aid.
What’s behind the Baked Oats trend?
The new Baked Oats trend is on the rise and really popular on all social media platforms at the moment. Even though the base is the same, Baked Oats are different from the original: they are juicier and more cake-like than you are used to. Different toppings and ingredients make Baked Oats a truly special experience. And it’s really easy: just turn on the oven and enjoy Baked Oats for breakfast.
How to prepare Baked Oats
Step 1: Preheat the oven
Before you do anything else, preheat your oven to 175°C top/bottom heat. This will save you time when you are ready with the oats and you can get started straight away.
Step 2: Prepare the oats
Oat flakes, egg (or mashed banana), sweetener of your choice and baking powder. Now either place them all on a baking tray or mix them into a dough beforehand and then place it on the baking tray.
Step 3: Bake!
It takes about 25 minutes for the Baked Oats to reach a golden colour. When you see that, it’s time and you can take them out of the oven.
Step 4: Enjoy
Now all that’s left is the last and best step: enjoy! Finally, your Baked Oats are ready and you can enjoy the healthy oat flakes. With Baked Oats you can really try everything and there are no limits to your imagination. Whether it’s fresh fruit or chocolate drops, nuts or seeds – everything looks great on Baked Oats.
Baked Oatmeal Basic Recipe
The basic Baked Oats recipe is very simple. Here you will find the basic recipe for this delicious breakfast:
Baked Oats Basic Recipe
- 190 g oat flakes or Verival Classic Porridge
- 300 ml milk or plant drink
- 1 egg or mashed banana
- 2 tbsp agave syrup, maple syrup or similar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Toppings such as berries, apples or cocoa powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees convection.
- Mash one banana with a fork.
- Mix the oat flakes, banana, egg, sweetener, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Pour the Baked Oats base into an ovenproof baking dish.
- Bake the Baked Oats for 15-20 minutes. (Baking time varies slightly depending on the size of the baking dish – for smaller and shallower dishes, the Baked Oats will be ready in as little as 15 minutes).
- Then remove your Baked Oats from the oven, leave to cool briefly and enjoy!
5 tips for your perfect Baked Oats
How to make your Baked Oats creamy
If you like your Baked Oats to be extremely creamy, you should mix all the ingredients into a dough beforehand. A mashed banana also helps to make the oats very creamy. Whether they are more cake-like or very creamy, Baked Oats for breakfast are always delicious and always healthy.
Perfect for your Meal Prepping
If you’re into Meal Prepping, you’ll be very happy with Baked Oats. Simply prepare a tray as soon as it’s ready, cut into pieces and store in the fridge. Take a piece to work, uni or school every day and enjoy!
Suitable for vegans
This recipe is also suitable for people on a vegan diet. For example, a banana can be used instead of an egg. Fortunately, oat flakes are vegan. That’s why baked oats are also perfect as a vegan snack.
Toppings for the perfect breakfast
You should never skimp on toppings with baked oats. Fresh fruit, nuts, chocolate drops or seeds – whatever your heart desires can be added to the oats. This also gives you a lot of variety, as you can prepare each tray differently.
Different sweeteners for the perfect Baked Oats
There are no limits to what you can use: sugar or honey, agave syrup or maple syrup. Again, variety is an important point, because with the different sweeteners you will definitely never get bored.
How long can your Baked Oats keep?
Baked Oats are perfect for Meal Prep and you can cut them into pieces after preparation and store them in the fridge. Baked oat flakes keep best in a tin or airtight container. You can store them for about 2-3 days. After that, you should check the appearance and smell before you enjoy it.
2 delicious Baked Oats recipes
So you don’t have to start from scratch, we have 2 delicious recipes for you!
Hazelnut-Chocolate Baked Oats
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- First put the porridge, oat flakes, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cocoa powder and hazelnuts in a baking dish.
- Next, put the vegetable drink, egg and maple syrup in another bowl and mix well.
- Then mix the mixture from the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Finally, place the baking dish in the oven and bake the Baked Porridge for 30 minutes.
- After the baking time, you can take the porridge out of the oven, let it cool briefly and then enjoy it.
Baked Oats with Berries
- Put the blackberry porridge, oat flakes, baking powder, cinnamon, pinch of salt and berries in a baking dish.
- Then mix the egg, maple syrup and vegetable drink in a bowl and mix well.
- Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Finally, fold in the berries and chopped walnuts.
- Then place the casserole dish in your oven at 190 degrees C for 30-35 minutes until a hard crust forms on your porridge.
- Take the baked porridge out after the baking time and you can enjoy it.
- #gesundes Frühstück