Recipe: Vegan chia seed pancakesJanuary 29, 2021
What could be better than a hearty breakfast at the weekend? If you’re looking for inspiration for a delicious sweet breakfast, then this recipe is just right for you. The vegan chia seed pancakes not only taste delicious and are especially fluffy, but also contain two delicious superfoods: oat flakes and chia seeds. The combination of the two ingredients keeps you full for a long time and provides you with important nutrients.
Besides, our pancakes are also suitable for vegans and contain almost no sugar at all. So these pancakes are the perfect healthy alternative to conventional pancake recipes 😉
Vegan Chia Seed Pancakes
- 100 g oat flakes
- 50 g flour
- 1/2 package baking powder
- 1 package vanilla sugar
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 300 ml vegan plant drink
- 20 g melted coconut oil
- 1,5 tbsp chia seeds
- First grind the oat flakes in a small blender so that the oat flakes become an oat flour.
- Then mix the oat flakes with the flour and baking powder.
- Then add the vanilla sugar and fold in the pinch of salt.
- Next, melt the coconut oil and add the chia seeds with the oil to the ingredients.
- Finally, pour the vegan milk into the remaining ingredients.
- Then mix all the ingredients carefully with a spoon until a dough is formed. If there are still lumps in the dough, don’t worry, they will disappear during frying.
- Heat a frying pan and add a little oil for frying. Our secret tip is to use a small pan that you can also use for eggs, then all the pancakes will be the same size.
- Add small portions of the batter to the pan a little at a time and fry the pancakes until yellow-brown.
- Lastly, stack all the pancakes and add toppings such as fruit, nuts or chia seeds.
- #breakfast with chia seeds
- #chia seeds
- #chia seeds preparation
- #chia seeds recipes
- #verival breakfast