3 healthy breakfast recipes for children – that taste good!June 18, 2021
- Breakfast for children
A healthy and balanced breakfast is the best way to start the day. This also applies to your children. But not every child loves healthy food.
So that your little ones, fortified with a healthy breakfast suitable for children, can concentrate well at school and start the day fit, we show you 3 healthy breakfast recipes that your children won’t be able to resist.
- Overnight Oats for Kids
- Basic recipe: Overnight Oats
- Homemade Granola
- Healthy breakfast pizza – a good start to the morning
- Verival Breakfast Pizza
- Children’s breakfast – varied and healthy
- Verival – quick, healthy breakfast
Overnight Oats for Kids
You simply can’t go wrong with this recipe and your kids will love it. Overnight Oats can be adapted to any taste and require very little effort. See how to quickly whip up Overnight Oats for kids in this basic recipe.
Basic recipe: Overnight Oats
- 4 tbsp oat flakes (approx. 45g)
- 80 ml water, milk or a plant-based alternative
- Put the water, milk or plant-based alternative into a glass together with the oat flakes and stir well.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Stir well once again and enjoy.
In the morning, serve the oat flakes with fresh fruit, berries, nuts or granola. You can also add chia seeds if you like. This quick and easy breakfast with oats and whole grains will keep your kids fit. Plus, you can make it the way your kids like it best!
Homemade granola is crunchy, tastes delicious without sugar and gives your kids the energy they need early in the morning. Unlike other cereals for breakfast, with homemade granola you can determine exactly what’s in it and cater to your kids’ preferences. We’ll show you how to make your own granola in just a few steps. .
The necessary ingredients
- 300 g tender oat flakes
- pinch of cinnamon
- 100 g coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 125 g honey
- 100 g sliced almonds
- Vanilla extract
First, preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Mix the oats with the almonds, salt, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Then put the honey and coconut oil in a pan and melt them over a low heat. Then pour the liquid over the oatmeal mixture. Mix everything well.
Now spread the granola on the tray and bake for about 10 minutes. Turn the granola regularly until it is browned to your liking. When you are satisfied, take your homemade granola out of the oven and let it cool. Your granola is ready for the best part – to be enjoyed. This can be as a topping on a porridge, pancake, yoghurt, smoothie or even ice cream. Try it out with your kids!
Healthy breakfast pizza – a good start to the morning
Pizza is one of the most popular foods, especially among young people. It comes in many different varieties and shapes. One form of it is the breakfast pizza, which your children will also love. A varied breakfast for children is important. This recipe is especially suitable for an extended Sunday breakfast. You can also prepare the pizza together with your children – it will taste even better that way.
Verival Breakfast Pizza
For the base
- 200 g Verival Cranberry-Cherry Muesli
- 1 tbsp crushed linseed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp Verival Agave Syrup (or Verival Maple Syrup)
- 2 ripe, mashed bananas
- 1 dash of cinnamon
For the sauce
- 250 g yoghurt (or vegan alternative)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Verival Agave Syrup (or Verival Maple Syrup)
- 1 dash of ground Bourbon vanilla
For the topping
- 200 g fresh fruit
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Mix crushed linseed and chia seeds with water and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Mix Verival Cranberry-Cherry Muesli with linseed and chia seeds, agave syrup, the mashed bananas and cinnamon and knead into a dough.
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper. Roll out the dough in a round layer 1 cm thick. For a perfectly round disc, simply use a cake pan. eine perfekt runde Scheibe einfach eine Springform verwenden. Bake for about 15-20 minutes to a golden brown pastry colour.
- In the meantime, prepare the pizza toppings. For the “sauce”, mix yoghurt with lemon juice and agave syrup as well as some ground Bourbon vanilla. Wash the fruit and cut it up.
- Let the baked pizza base cool down. Then coat it with the yoghurt mix and add the fresh fruit.
Children’s breakfast – varied and healthy
Especially for children it is very important to have a balanced, varied and healthy diet. Children are growing and are challenged every day. But not every child likes to eat something early in the morning. In these cases, a little something is better than nothing.
With the right recipes, it will definitely be easier to put a healthy breakfast in your children’s stomachs. Also, make sure that the food is free of pesticides and other additives to give your children the ideal foundation. Organic products are perfect for this.
Verival – quick, healthy breakfast
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should never be skipped. A healthy, child-friendly breakfast can be created in just a few simple steps. Verival’s products also speak for themselves and give children exactly the energy they need for their daily routine, day after day.
Verival products are rich in fibre, full of vitamins and contain no palm oil. In just a few steps, you can create great meals for your kids that not only taste great, but are also healthy. Our kids’ porridge is ready to be enjoyed by your children in 3 minutes. This makes breakfast fun!
- #healthy breakfast for kids
- #verival breakfast
- #verival breakfast pizza