Office Favorite #1: Gluten-free, tree-shaped Christmas CookiesDecember 7, 2017
There are many reasons why we simply love Christmas time, but for us, the best thing about it is that it’s cookie season! We really enjoy transforming our mueslis, porridges and granolas into unique, delicious Christmas cookies. Within a small series, we’d like to share with you our absolute “office favorites”. Enjoy!
Let’s get started with Annalena’s little muesli Christmas trees. They fulfil her two most important “cookie criteria”: A fruity & sweet taste and an amazing look. In addition, they are even gluten-free!
Ingredients (for approx. 30 cookies):
- 25g maple syrup
- 25g honey
- cinnamon & other spices (to your taste)
- 180g VERIVAL Muesli with Coconut and Apricots
- 300g white chocolate
- dried cranberries (chopped) & crushed pistachios for decoration
- icing sugar for decoration
Directions (approx. 30 minutes):
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C, prepare baking tray with baking paper
- Mix and heat maple syrup, honey and spices in a pot. For decoration, pick out some of the strawberry and apricot bits from the muesli. Mix the remaining muesli with the syrup blend and spread it out evenly on the baking tray. Roast for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, take it out and let it cool down entirely.
- In the meantime, chop the dried cranberries into little pieces. Then, roughly cut the white chocolate and slowly melt it a water bath. Mix the cooled muesli blend with the liquid chocolate.
- With the help of two tea spoons, form small heaps – best in the shape of little Christmas trees – and place them on baking paper. Sprinkle the cookies with the strawberry and apricot bits as well as the chopped cranberries and the crushed pistachios.
- Let the cookies solidify in a cool place. Sprinkle them with icing sugar and enjoy your yummy little Christmas trees!
Also check out Sara’s incredibly yummy Caramel Crunchy Bites!