Christmas recipe: Stuffed cocoa date cookiesDecember 10, 2020
You are in the mood for Christmas biscuits but still want to look at healthy eating and your body? Then this healthy Christmas recipe for filled cocoa date cookies, or “Healthy Rawreos” as we like to call them, is the right recipe for you!
The basis of this recipe are nuts (almonds and walnuts), dates, muesli and some maple syrup. The biscuits are also filled with a mixture of nuts and coconut. In other words, an all-round healthy biscuit recipe for the Christmas season.
Stuffed cocoa date cookies or also “Healthy Rawreos”
- 200 g Verival cashews (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 100 g coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla, ground
- For the dark 'cookie dough', put the almonds together with the walnuts, muesli mixture, cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt and dates into a food processor and mix all the ingredients until they are a smooth dough.
- Place the mixture on a piece of baking paper. Place a second sheet of baking paper on top and roll out the mixture until it is about 0.5 cm thin. Place them into the
fridge for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the cashew nuts with the coconut flakes, coconut oil, vanilla
and maple syrup to the food processor. Puree the mixture until it has a creamy
consistency – possibly add some more water.
- Cut out the cookie mass to round cookies with a diameter of approx. 4 cm. Knead the
mixture together again and again and roll it out until it is used up. Then assemble the cookies, place approx. 1 teaspoon of coconut filling on one cookie, place a second one on top and press firmly. Keep the cookies in the refrigerator.