Chocolate crunchy breakfast muffinsMay 4, 2021
These muffins are perfect as breakfast for children or even as an afternoon snack.
The chocolate crunchy muffins are completely without refined sugar. The sweetness in the muffins are obtained from the ripe bananas.
Of course, this also benefits the health of your children and you can let them enjoy the muffins, without a guilty conscience.
The grated nuts (hazelnuts and almonds) give your children valuable energy for the day at school or kindergarten.
Unlike traditional muffins, which are relatively high in sugar and unhealthy fats, these chocolate crispy muffins are filling with healthy energy, do not contain sugar, can be eaten in no time and taste delicious!
Chocolate Crunchy Breakfast Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 knife tip bourbon vanilla
- 50 g coconut oil
- 80 g whole spelt flour
- 120 g ground hazelnuts or almonds
- 30 g baking cocoa (unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 80 ml milk (or a milk alternative)
- 60 g VERIVAL chocolate max and a little more for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 180°C top/bottom heat and line a muffin tray with paper cups.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and set aside briefly.
- Then whisk the eggs with the salt and bourbon vanilla for about 5 minutes until light.
- Add the mashed bananas and coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Then sift the whole spelt flour with the baking powder and cocoa into the bowl and fold in with a whisk.
- Fold in the milk with the ground hazelnuts and finally the Verival Schokomax Crunchys.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups, sprinkle with the Verival Organic Chocolate Max Crunchys and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
- Let the chocolate crispy breakfast muffins cool completely and snack on them.
Why is refined sugar not healthy for children?
Many products for children contain high levels of refined sugar. However, a healthy breakfast for children should not contain too much sugar, as sugar promotes obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
In Austria, one in three children is already overweight due to excessive sugar consumption. This consequently leads to an excessively high body mass index (BMI) in most children.
For this reason, we would like to make a contribution to healthy nutrition for children. Our products contain 30 to 50% less sugar than conventional cereals or breakfast products and are therefore an optimal alternative for a healthy breakfast.
Sugar alternative: banana as a delicious sweetener for children.
How can I replace sugar in baking? Bananas are a great alternative to conventional sugar.
Whether in banana bread, muffins or pancakes – they taste delicious everywhere and the sweetness of the banana ideally replaces household sugar.
Ripe bananas contain a lot of natural fruit sweetness, they are rich in vitamin B6, magnesium and potassium.
A little tip: One banana replaces the sweetness of about 100 g of sugar (depending on the ripeness of the banana).
Why is a healthy breakfast so important for children?
During the night, the body uses up many reserves for the recovery of body and mind. That’s why breakfast is essential for children: it replenishes energy reserves.
Children are in different stages of development and growth depending on their age. In order to promote these optimally, a healthy diet plays an important role.
When eating a healthy breakfast, the brain and muscles are activated and boosted. So the children’s everyday life can begin!
According to a study, every third child in Austria goes to school without breakfast. If your child leaves the house without breakfast, this can quickly have a negative impact on your child’s concentration and performance.
That’s why there should be enough time in the morning to enjoy a healthy breakfast or those chocolate crispy muffins.