Recipe: Gluten-free Overnight OatsAugust 13, 2020
If you suffer from gluten intolerance or gluten sensitivity, you should avoid gluten, which is contained in many cereals. Today, we will show you a delicious recipe for gluten-free overnight oats, which will make sure you don’t miss out on a delicious breakfast with oatmeal.
When preparing gluten-free meals, it is important to use only cereal products that are guaranteed gluten-free. This is especially important if you have a severe gluten intolerance. Gluten-free products are therefore always marked accordingly.
Oat flakes, which often form the basis for Overnight Oats, are often not gluten-free because cross-contamination with other gluten-containing grains can occur when oats are grown. Therefore, if you have coeliac condition, you should always use gluten-free products, which you can easily recognise by the corresponding symbol on the package.
For this recipe for gluten-free Overnight Oats you can use either gluten-free oat flakes or Verival’s gluten-free porridge mixes as a base.
Gluten-free Banana Overnight Oats
- 50 g gluten-free Bircher Porridge or gluten-free oat flakes
- 120 ml milk or plant drink
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 banana
- 50 g blueberries
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- Put the gluten-free Bircher Porridge or the gluten-free oat flakes in a preserving jar.
- Next, add 120 ml of a liquid of your choice (milk or plant drink) and mix the ingredients together.
- Add a pinch of salt to your Overnight Oats and if you like your Overnight Oats sweet, add a teaspoon of agave syrup.
- Place the jar in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 3 hours.
- When your Overnight Oats are nice and creamy, you can take them out of the fridge.
- Now you can refine your Overnight Oats with fruits of your choice. For this recipe we used banana and blueberries.
- #gluten-free breakfast
- #gluten-free breakfast from Verival
- #overnight oats
- #Overnight Oats
- #overnight oats recipes